|<< Prev Next >>|
Certificate III in Aged Care Work
Course Code: CHC30102
(This qualification is nationally recognised)
This certificate will run over two evenings a week of three hour sessions.
Whilst the bulk of the course is face to face training, it is expected that you will also do research and study at home for assignments and essays.
The following requirements are attached to successful completion of this course:
• A work placement component, organised with a local Aged Care service provider
• First Aid Level II
• Current Police Check
Once completed, this certificate enables you to work in residential or home care, under direct or regular supervision, within clearly defined organisational guidelines. The activities that would be carried out relate to the maintenance of an individual's personal care and/or other living activities.
This certificate provides a pathway to Certificate IV in Aged Care.
Roles may include:
• Assistant in Nursing
• Support worker
• Personal Care Assistant
• Home Care Assistant
• Nursing Assistant
• Community Support/Care Worker
• In Home Respite Worker
• Personal Care Giver/Worker
The Information Session forms the initial stage of the enrolment process, providing an opportunity for prospective students to come along and meet some of the tutors as well as finding out more about the course, prior to enrolment. A student induction kit will be circulated to those who choose to enrol at this stage.
Total fees in 2009 for the Certificate III Aged Care are:
• $700.00 (Tuition fee) plus $120.00 (Amenities fee)
OR Concession Rate:
• $55.00 plus $120.00 (Amenities fee)
ECEC has a bank of highly qualified industry tutors with a high standard of training education and recent or current industry experience in the Aged Care sector.
Training is delivered in the class environment, on a part time basis. However, students must allow for a substantial amount of time outside class hours to complete assignments, projects and work placement.
Who is this course for?
The Certificate III in Aged Care Work is for those wishing to or already working in the aged care or community care sector.
• Personal Care workers in residential facilities who report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
• Home Care workers who provide community support and personal care in homes.
• Provides a pathway to articulate into Certificate IV qualifications in the Community Services Training Package.
• For those wanting to gain an accredited qualification.
ECEC prides itself on delivering quality training and uses qualified trainers with current or very recent industry experience.
This qualification meets the requirements for employment in the aged care sector.
|ECEC 46-50 Binney Street, Euroa. 3666
Ph 03 57952777
Fax 03 57951663